At RVi Planning + Landscape Architecture, our mission is to inspire people to be outside and engage in the community around them. Our team is made up of smart, fun, and collaborative individuals who see the big picture. We offer planning and design services across a broad range of market sectors including parks, master planned communities, commercial, academic, transportation, healthcare, and more.
RVi is growing and we are looking for a Senior Planner join our growing Houston office, located in the thriving Galleria area.
- Undergraduate and/or Master’s degree from an accredited Planning or Landscape Architecture program.
- 8-15 years of experience planning master planned communities (this position requires physical land planning and design skills).
- Planning experience with a variety of project types in Houston and Southeast Texas
- A well-developed understanding of community planning and sustainability principles.
- Skilled in planning, document production, research, submittals, community involvement, and writing.
- Project and client management experience
- Well-developed problem-solving and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability and desire to mentor junior planning staff.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, and freehand graphics skills.
What you can expect from us:
Founded 1982, RVi is a design firm widely recognized for its creative contributions to planning and landscape architecture throughout the U.S. From the initial project vision through the final punch list visit, we work hard to ensure that our projects live up to their full potential. With offices in Austin, Houston, and Tempe, we serve clients in a wide range of market sectors — from private-sector developers to public-sector municipal, state, and federal agencies.
We offer a 4-1/2-day work week, a highly collaborative work environment, competitive pay and benefits, a fun corporate culture, and real opportunities to grow professionally.
We have a two-step application process. All applicants must complete both steps.
- Visit our ADP recruiting website at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=05ce68b3-c5cd-48d4-93c5-940c4c99f15c&ccId=2446846990_18958&jobId=293823&source=CC2&lang=en_US
and complete the application process.
- Please submit your Resume, your Portfolio in PDF format (10 MB maximum), and a Cover Letter telling us about yourself and why you feel you are the right candidate for this position. Please forward these materials in digital format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Applicants
RVi is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, please see the links below:
The physical demands of the position described are representative of those required of an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to work in a sitting position at a computer at least 50% of the time.
- Ability to move about the office to operate and access computers and other equipment.
- Ability to frequently communicate with other office staff.
- Ability to drive self to and move around project sites.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
This information is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of skills, abilities, duties and responsibilities of the job.