At RVi, our purpose is to inspire people to get outside and engage with the community around them. As planners and landscape architects, we embrace every opportunity to advance this mission by creating memorable outdoor spaces.
Our team is made up of smart, fun, and collaborative individuals who see the big picture. RVi and LVA Urban Design Studio have joined forces, combining LVA’s unmatched local expertise in land planning in Arizona with RVi’s national reputation for planning and design. RVi is now one of the largest firms of its kind in the Valley. Located in beautiful downtown Tempe, our office enjoys convenient connectivity to METRO Light Rail and is located near shops, restaurants, Arizona State University, Tempe Beach Park, and Tempe Town Lake waterfront.
We are looking to hire an Administrative Assistant to join our growing team.
The Administrative Assistant is a member of the administrative team and provides office support to staff and management team. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting general office facilities, machines, and systems.
- Assist Administrative Coordinator in the local office and the Business Manager (located in Austin, Texas)
- Full receptionist duties
- Answer phones and greet visitors, Manage telephone system
- Manage mail, courier, and overnight deliveries
- Maintain/create electronic and hard copy files
- Maintain conference rooms and monitor their scheduling
- Prepare Copy and Submittal packages
- Maintain Local Vendor list
- Coordinate in-house catering needs
- Event registration for employees
- Coordinate office events
- Assist staff with event registration
- Assist with project file management and organization
- Oversee/order office supplies and coordinate copier maintenance
- Kitchen upkeep, run and empty dishwasher, start and clean coffee pot, etc.
- Maintain office equipment and interface with vendors
- Assist with dead storage maintenance
- Certificate of Insurance requests
- Manage Outlook contact database
- Assist in managing Marketing database
- Employee Review Scheduling and Summaries
- Pull backup for Invoices, email and electronic filing
This position reports directly to the Business Manager (located in the Austin, Texas office) and the Managing Principal of the Tempe office. The Administrative Assistant also works directly with all members of the staff and senior management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic knowledge of A/E industry
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and typing
- Resourceful and proactive
- Two years’ experience as a Receptionist or Administrative Assistant is desirable.
Visit our recruiting website and complete the application process.
Notice to Applicants
RVi is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, please see the links below:
The physical demands of the position described are representative of those required of an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to work in a sitting position at a computer at least 50% of the time.
- Ability to move about the office to operate and access computers, file cabinets, and other office equipment.
- Ability to frequently communicate with other office staff.
- Ability to drive self to and move around office or client office locations.
- There are no lifting or carrying requirements for this position.
This information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
From initial project visioning through the final punch list, and all the steps in between, we ensure that your project lives up to its potential.
Founded in Austin, Texas in 1982, RVi has grown into a regional design firm widely recognized for its creative contributions in land use analysis, community planning, and design of outdoor spaces.