My, how quickly things change…and how quickly we adapt. Like all of us here at RVi, you’re probably reading this from your makeshift home office, surrounded by pets and family members who have become your new coworkers. With our new normal comes new challenges – how to use digital tools to stay connected, how to get your spouse to stop leaving water cups everywhere, how to stop the dog from barking in the middle of your conference call…the list goes on. But today we’re here to address a singular pressing issue: How should we entertain ourselves for weeks on end?
Lucky for you, we’ve put together a brief, curated selection of resources aimed at uncovering and inspiring your inner landscape architect. Or at the very least, inspiring your appreciation for landscape architecture. In no particular order, here are our Top 5 favorites:
- Take a virtual tour of 31 National Parks using Google Earth.
- Teach your kids about landscape architecture with this downloadable ASLA Activity Book.
- Visit the Great Wall of China virtually.
- Take the family to the zoo via the live webcams at the San Diego Zoo and Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Explore the surface of Mars as recorded by NASA’s Curiosity Rover.
Finally, we offer a 6th suggestion that should come as no surprise: Open the outdoors! We’ve been getting creative over here with walking conference calls and virtual team meetings that showcase our own backyards. Whatever your chosen avenue of entertainment, we hope that you are staying safe and healthy as we work towards overcoming the COVID-19 crisis together.