At RVi, our purpose is to inspire people to get outside and engage with the community around them. As planners and landscape architects, we embrace every opportunity to advance this mission by creating memorable outdoor spaces.
After decades of work in the Phoenix market, RVi opened its first Arizona office in 2016. The following year, RVi acquired LVA Urban Design Studio, a firm with deep roots and a 37-year history in the Valley. RVi is now one of the largest firms of its kind in the Phoenix area, with a team that is made up of smart, fun, and collaborative individuals who see the big picture. Located in beautiful downtown Tempe, our office enjoys convenient connectivity to METRO Light Rail and is located near shops, restaurants, Arizona State University, Tempe Beach Park, and the Tempe Town Lake waterfront.
We are looking to hire a Land Planner/Designer to join our growing team.
- 3-8 years of experience in planning master planned communities of all sizes (this position requires physical land planning and design skills).
- A well-developed understanding of community planning and sustainability principles.
- Skilled in planning, document production, research, submittals, writing, and support of multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, and freehand graphics skills.
- Bachelors and/or Master of Landscape Architecture or Planning degree required.
- Planning experience in the Phoenix area is highly desired.
What you can expect from us:
Founded in 1982, RVi has grown into a leading national firm with a broad range of project experience that inspires our team to think creatively. We approach each new opportunity with an adventurous spirit, a collaborative mindset, and a desire to consistently raise the bar for our clients and for the communities we serve. We have offices in Austin, Houston, and Tempe.
We offer a 4-1/2-day work week, a highly collaborative work environment, competitive pay and benefits, a fun corporate culture, and real opportunities to grow professionally. To learn more about RVi, see the following sites:
We have a two step application process. All applicants must complete both steps.
- Visit our recruiting website and complete the application process.
- Please submit your Resume, your Portfolio in PDF format (10 MB maximum), Professional References (minimum of three), and a Cover Letter telling us about yourself and why you feel you are the right candidate for this position. Please send these materials in digital format to: email@example.com.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
RVi is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, please see the links below:
The physical demands of the position described are representative of those required of an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to work in a sitting position at a computer at least 50% of the time.
- Ability to move about the office to operate and access computers and other equipment.
- Ability to frequently communicate with other office staff.
- Ability to drive self to and move around project sites.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
This information is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of skills, abilities, duties and responsibilities of the job.
From initial project visioning through the final punch list, and all the steps in between, we ensure that your project lives up to its potential.
Founded in Austin, Texas in 1982, RVi has grown into a regional design firm widely recognized for its creative contributions in land use analysis, community planning, and design of outdoor spaces.