(Austin | Entry-level)
At RVi , our mission is to inspire people to be outside and engage in the community around them. Our team is made up of smart, fun, and collaborative individuals who see the big picture. We offer planning and design services across a broad range of market sectors including parks, master planned communities, commercial, academic, transportation, healthcare, and more. Founded in 1982, RVi has grown into a leading national firm with a broad range of project experience. We have offices in Austin, Houston, and Tempe
We are currently looking for a smart, fun, and collaborative Entry-level Landscape Designer who sees the big picture. We invite you to join us in our mission to inspire people to be outside and engage in the community around them. And to have a little fun along the way.
- Undergraduate and/or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- 0-1 years of landscape architectural design and planning experience
- Well-developed skills in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with Lumion and/or other rendering programs highly desirable.
- Experience with a variety of project types
- Excellent freehand and digital drawing skills
- Well-developed organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
- Proficiency in construction documentation and presentation graphics
- Desire to grow personally and professionally
What you can expect from us:
Founded 1982, RVi is a design firm widely recognized for its creative contributions to planning and landscape architecture throughout the U.S. From the initial project vision through the final punch list visit, we work hard to ensure that our projects live up to their full potential. With offices in Austin, Houston, and Tempe, we serve clients in a wide range of market sectors — from private-sector developers to public-sector municipal, state, and federal agencies.
We offer a 4.5 day work week, a highly collaborative work environment, opportunities for cross-office collaboration, competitive pay and benefits, a fun corporate culture, and opportunities for professional growth. To learn more about us, check us out at our website at www.rviplanning.com and at the following sites:
We have a two-step application process. Follow directions, y’all.
- Visit our recruiting website and complete the application process.
- Please submit your Resume, Portfolio in PDF format and/or link to portfolio website, and Cover Letter telling us about yourself and why you feel you are the right candidate for this position. Please forward these materials in digital format to email@example.com.
The physical demands of the position described here are representative of those required of an employee to successfully perform the specific functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following functions:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at a computer workstation at least 50% of the time.
- The person in this position must be able to move about inside the office to access and operate computers, file cabinets, printers, etc.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other office staff.
- The person in this position needs to be able to walk and move around at job sites.
- Must be able to kneel, crouch, or stoop to be able to position self to see different areas of project sites.
- Must be comfortable working in outdoor weather conditions
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Notice to Applicants
RVi is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, please see the links below:
From initial project visioning through the final punch list, and all the steps in between, we ensure that your project lives up to its potential.
Founded in Austin, Texas in 1982, RVi has grown into a regional design firm widely recognized for its creative contributions in land use analysis, community planning, and design of outdoor spaces.